CMBC-Mausoleum Of Halicarnasus CMBC-Mausoleum Of Halicarnasus

dude this sucks.

HAHA, you know I'm just kidding =P

Intro was pretty cool. I personally haven't heard anything like that. The breakdown itself was pretty badass, had a lot of variety too. I don't know if the clean vox were necessary, but whatever works. I dig the squeals as always.

overall, this thing kicked. I would have liked it better if it was simpler, but it's just an opinion.

btw, you been working on deceived vocals?

good job \m/

BuryYourFace responds:

hell yeah ive been working on them but i just put them on hold while i made this ;)

Dreamscape - Into The Sun Dreamscape - Into The Sun

woah

Pretty good for a first 'serious' techno song, way better than my first. Great kick and snare samples, and the Synths sound great. Bass line is nice sounding too.

Still some stuff that could use work. Turn down some of the instruments, you have some hearable clipping going on in some parts.

Nice quiet part in the middle, didn't expect that.

but yeah dude, this song is good. Might download this in a bit.

4.72 / 5.00 (+ 0.11)
\m/

eliashellfire responds:

thanks bud! =)

(CMBC) Break (your face) Down (CMBC) Break (your face) Down

Well, it's loud xD

The mixing needs a lot of work. The guitars at first sounded wayyy too scratchy, but after the other tone came in it sounded better. Not much you can do about beatcraft's drums, but you could try EQ'ing some of the drums.

Hope that helps

I liked the riffs though, and cool drum work - it fit with the guitars. \m/

Casualty responds:

Oh, you know, I'm not a pro, not even an amateur. Your help is greatly appreciated, but I doubt it will get me far, mostly because I'm waaaay too lazy to, for instance, EQ my drums. With Beatcraft I have to export everything at once, so I really won't fine tune that shit and export it 50 times just to listen to it.

Anyway thanks for the review dude, I'm glad you liked it! Good luck in the contest, even if there's not much competition to fear from here ;D

(CMBC) Breakdown Motherfuckers (CMBC) Breakdown Motherfuckers

Be stealing my bass slides!

Overall I liked this entry. But let me pick at it for a mintue.

-The bass slide wasn't really bass, too much treb/mids.
-Kick drums has too much presence in the mix compared to the guitar and bass. It almost felt like the guitars and bass were coming out of something far away.
-Same with the rest of the drums, they could be turned down a tad.

Otherwise, rocking riffs and great sound. \m/

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Haha, yes, I fucking told you I would steal those. Haha.
Thanks man, clear your cookies and come back. All taken care of now. Except the bass. I left the highs and mids in, for the simple purpose of "smack" on the riffs. :D
Thanks man! You rule.

Dark matter (w/o vox) Dark matter (w/o vox)

wow dude

This shit is cool. The intro definitely grabs your attention. The breakdown after is heavy as fuck. The melody around 32 seconds just killed me. Thats one of the coolest melodies I've heard in a while. Nice touch when the drums slowed down to half time.

Loved the break thing that lead into that chorus sounding part. Imma download this bad boy \m/

btw, I like your guitar tone, but it could use more mids IMO. keep writing cool shit

XxCowMeatxX responds:

thanks alot bro! i worked for a while on this bad boy. this song shows my love for melodic death metal and hardcore mixed into one. i love halftiming shit but you would know that if u listend to my music before lol. as for the guitar tone i took out mids on purpose because i have had numorous complaionts about to much mid. but thx man

\m/ stay brutal

!! Too Long !! !! Too Long !!

NOM NOM!

Hey, I can hear the bass!

The vocals in the intro sound great! I'm glad you turned it up. The tom thing in the chorus that I think sono (or someone) was talking about, it sounds better now.

Again, I have to mention the bass, sounds great. Has the right amount of bass and enough mids/highs to hear the tone, exactly how I like it.

Ride sounds good, what drums are you using? isn't it Superior 2? kicks sound great as always.

screams sounded better/clearer.

overall, you made a great song perfect. downloading, AGAIN.

3.92 / 5.00 (+ 0.19)
\m/

CWN responds:

thanks man!
Yeah, the vocals were a big problem, but i guess i fixed that. for some reason the old version had some mids taken out on the vocals... dunno why.
Yup, that's Sup. 2.0. I love it.
The bass is... Man I'm never going to tell anyone what it is haha
It sounds nice though. lol
Thanks for the 'perfect' man, PWN.

Hero's Bottle Hero's Bottle

wow dude

This sounds professional as fuck. You mixed the instruments, I assume? If so, that is seriously great. I didn't think you could get anything that hasn't been mastered to even come close to the sound.

Drums were great, hi hat sounded really crisp. My only complaint here would be that the toms sounded a little flat, but it's not too noticeable. Ride sounds great, is that EZdrummer?

WOW! 2:29, that melody....what the fuck! What instrument/vst is that? The solo after was really emotional. I love it.

Guitar tone is nice, definitely an improvement. I'm not bs'ing you either, this stuff is some of best quality shit I've heard around here.

downloaded. fav'd. fucking everything'd lol.
MORE!

4.52 / 5.00 (+ 0.10)

Bad-Man-Incorporated responds:

Thanks very much, man.
The toms are the standard for ezdrummer. The kick and some other samples were changed.
I did add some reverb to the drums in another version. The toms and such sounded great, but the cymbals and crashes "wavered" and sounded shitty. I may have to separate them into two tracks and eq each individually. WHich I probably will do.

For the part at 2:29, there were strings in the background, but the 'reverse ish" type sound was coming off my guitar. It was a reverb setting on my pod, that I messed around with and have been dying to use. haha.

Anyways, thanks for an awesome review, man. This getting revamplefied again too. :D Sometime next week, a version should be up with most issues fixed. \m/

Hate in Black - Crimson Black Hate in Black - Crimson Black

pretty cool stuff

I liked it. I think anyone who is sane can say this is a good metal track. Clean vocals sounded a little low in the mix, but it wasn't too bad. Cool riffs.

keep it up \m/

Blackka responds:

wow thnx!! We are attempting to re-record this. (This time with me on vocals)
This because we think the vocals are low in the mix as well..

Dead By Dawn (Killing Spree) Dead By Dawn (Killing Spree)

oooo

I meant to review this when you first uploaded it, but I typed about a sentence and had to leave for xmas. Anyway,

Like the drum tones as usual. I notice your blasts always sound cool, actually has the 'push pull' sound to it instead of just banging. Is that ezdrummer?

Your guitar tone is getting better. Reminds me of carnifex or whiechapel.

looking forward to more shit \m/

HappyHomicide responds:

I hate carnifex and white chapel :P but thanks man. and yeah, its cause I do the Euro Blast, which is Bass drum and cymbal then snare instead of all 3 at once.

Piss Coming From My Ass Piss Coming From My Ass

woah

Cool stuff. Awesome kick tone here, sounds like god on my speakers. Great guitar tone too. The riff around 25 seconds sounds like the riffs I like to play lol.

Heavy stuff, I'm downloading this bad boy \m/

AngelsDontKill responds:

Thanks, man! Yeah, I enjoy slow and fat riffs as well ^_^ I am especially glad that you like the kick and guitar tones, lets me know I am on the right track!